Marriage licenses may be obtained from the town in which one member of the couple resides. If you are both from out-of-state and wish to be married in Maine, then you may get a license from any municipality. Click here to go to a fillable Marriage Intentions Form and bring it in to the town office. Both members of the couple must be present to sign the form in front of the clerk, or you may sign it before a notary public. Be prepared to show ID. If you have been previously married, you must show the original stamped divorce decree from your most recent marriage. Please allow time for the clerk to prepare the marriage license as we are unable to do it during open office hours.

We are open to the Public. You may complete the following transactions online through the links we have provided.  
  • Vehicle re-registrations
  • Real Estate Tax payments
  • ATV re-registrations
  • Boat re-registrations
  • Snowmobile re-registrations
  • Hunting Licenses
  • Fishing  Licenses
  • Dog Licenses
  • Birth, Death & Marriage Certificates (Mail only, not online)
Some transactions will require you to come in to the Office.
  • New Vehicle Registrations
  • Petition Certifications
  • Voter Registrations
  • Vehicle re-registrations that are currently expired over 6 months
  • Any New ATV, Boat & Snowmobile Registrations
  • Marriage Licenses